Chef Adam Edwards
Fresh Tomato Jam
This great tomato recipe is typically made late in the tomato season when the quality of the fruit isn’t the best, but works just as well in the summer when tomatoes are most plentiful.
2 TBSP Olive Oil
¼ cup Sweet Onions (sliced thinly)
1 cup Fresh Tomatoes (use small grape sized or larger sized diced)
½ cup Ground Cherries (removed from the paper skins)
1 TBSP Serrano Chilies (sliced thinly)
1 TBSP Fresh Thyme (chopped)
1 ounce Honey Ginger Balsamic (Drizzle brand vinegar)
To taste Salt and pepper
Method of preparation:
1. In a saute pan on high heat, saute the onions in the oil until they begin to soften.
2. Add the tomatoes and ground cherries until they wilt, stirring constantly.
3. Add the chilies and thyme and stir.
4. Add the vinegar and stir and lower the heat to a simmer and continue to cook until the liquid reduces.
5. Serve hot or chill and use later.
This recipe could be used as an appetizer served over grilled bread or could be incorporated as a burger or grilled fish topping.